Monday, December 10, 2012

PRAISING OUR GOD OF LOVE AND FAITHFULNESS

Can I pray for you in any way? Send any prayer requests to OurChristianWalk.com. 

In Christ, Mark

The scriptures. May God bless the reading of His holy word.

It is good to praise the Lord and make music to Your name, O Most High, proclaiming Your love in the morning and Your faithfulness at night, to the music of the ten-stringed lyre and the melody of the harp.

For you make me glad by Your deeds, Lord; I sing for joy at what your hands have done. How great are Your works, Lord, how profound Your thoughts!

Psalm 92:1-5

This ends this reading from God's holy word. Thanks be to God.

As I awake each day, it’s hard to contain all the joy I feel for my life and what the Lord has done, is doing, and is yet to do. His deeds in and around me for the twenty years I have faithfully served Him are too numerous to list here, what His hands have done could not be contained in a mere devotion as it would take volumes to detail everything. Indeed the amazing works of the Lord are many in number but draw us to the same place of thanksgiving and admiration.

How about you? Have you taken an accounting of all the Lord has done for you in your life?

I pray so for I believe it’s the only way to fully grasp the depth of God’s love and faithfulness. And as I read the opening verses of the 92nd Psalm, I’m reminded that God’s has been bringing Him praise and glory and honor for as long as man has existed. Look again at the following words:

It is good to praise the Lord and make music to Your name, O Most High, proclaiming Your love in the morning and Your faithfulness at night, to the music of the ten-stringed lyre and the melody of the harp.

For you make me glad by Your deeds, Lord; I sing for joy at what your hands have done. How great are Your works, Lord, how profound Your thoughts!

This song of praise written for the Sabbath could easily be sang on any day, for there is no day that we shouldn’t be singing the Lord’s acclaim. As the psalmist proclaims, it is truly good to praise the Lord and make music to His name. We should do it in the morning as we proclaim the love of the Lord Most High and we should carry that praise into every evening as we consider His faithfulness to us, a faithfulness that is called great by one of my favorite traditional hymns which contain the following lyrics:

Great is Thy faithfulness," O God my Father,
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not
As Thou hast been Thou forever wilt be.

Great is Thy faithfulness!" "Great is Thy faithfulness!"
Morning by morning new mercies I see;
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided
"Great is Thy faithfulness," Lord, unto me!

Summer and winter, and springtime and harvest,
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above,
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love.

Great is Thy faithfulness!" "Great is Thy faithfulness!"
Morning by morning new mercies I see;
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided
"Great is Thy faithfulness," Lord, unto me!

Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth,
Thy own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!

Great is Thy faithfulness!" "Great is Thy faithfulness!"
Morning by morning new mercies I see;
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided
"Great is Thy faithfulness," Lord, unto me!

A God who doesn’t change nor fail in showing us compassion and grace.

A God who pardons sin and grants us forgiveness and an enduring peace.

A God who brings us new mercies morning by morning.

A God who is faithful in love, who brings us gladness and joy when we consider His deeds and works.

This is our God and the stronger I grow in my faith in Him, the greater my awareness is of how good He has been to me through every second of every minute of every hour of every day, a truth that drives me to glorify and honor Him with every breath I take.

Thanks be to God for all that He is to all He has created. May we ever praise His amazing faithfulness and love forever and ever.

Amen.

In Christ,

Mark

PS: Please share this with anyone you feel might be blessed by it.

Send any prayer requests to OurChristianWalk@aol.com

No comments: