Monday, December 17, 2012

IF ONLY YOU WOULD HEAR HIS VOICE

Can I pray for you in any way? Send any prayer requests to OurChristianWalk.com. 

In Christ, Mark

The scriptures. May God bless the reading of His holy word.

Today, if only you would hear His voice:

“Do not harden your hearts as you did at Meribah, as you did that day at Massah in the wilderness, where your ancestors tested Me; they tried Me, though they had seen what I did. For forty years I was angry with that generation; I said, ‘They are a people whose hearts go astray, and they have not known My ways.’ So I declared on oath in My anger, ‘They shall never enter my rest.’”

Psalm 95:7b-11

This ends this reading from God's holy word. Thanks be to God.

If only you would hear the voice of the Lord. This is my daily prayer for each and every person on earth.

For if only you would hear His voice, you would know that:

1. He has a plan for you and your life.

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:11-13

We often wonder about our purpose in life. Many are seeking to understand it every day. It’s a great comfort to know the Lord has our lives under control. He knows the plan and will see it through in accordance with His will. We need only trust Him and seek Him with our whole heart.

2. When you turn to Him, you will enter into His rest.

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30

Life has a way of sapping our energy sometimes, particularly when we find ourselves in the midst of difficult circumstances. Under the weight of life’s wearying burdens, we often look for relief and help. The Lord expects us to turn to Him in these times, to allow Him to bear our burdens and see us through them. When we do this, we experience His rest and a peace that transcends all understanding (Philippians 4:6-7).

Contrast this with the closing words of the 95th Psalm. For those who opt to not seek the Lord, instead allowing their hearts to go astray, will experience His anger expressed in them not entering into His rest – ever.

3. You are instructed in the ways of Jesus by the Holy Spirit who is sent to you from the Father.

But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. John 14:26

As Christians, we read the Bible to know the One who is our identity: Jesus the Christ. As we are living each day, it is the Holy Spirit that guides us to do what Jesus would do in any and all circumstances. The Holy Spirit illuminates our path - and the path to eternal life is narrow (Matthew 7:13-14) - leading us to the kind of righteousness only found in Jesus.

4. He will never leave you or forsake you.

God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” Hebrews 13:5b

God is ever with you. He is Emmanuel which means “God with us.” There isn’t any place where we can go where we are out of His reach. We are always in His presence and for me this is an incredible comfort and assurance.

5. With God with you, there is no need to fear for He is our help and strength.

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you.  Isaiah 41:10

When life weighs us down, we can find rest by allowing the Lord, who promises to help us in times of trouble, to bear our burdens. Consider His power and ask yourself what you have to fear knowing He is by your side every step of the way.

6. Jesus is the only truth, the only life, and the only way. To get to the Father, you have to go through the Son.

Jesus answered, “I am the Way and the Truth and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.” John 14:6

There is no other way to salvation except through Jesus. Period. It’s just one of many absolutes in the scriptures. So don’t let anyone deceive you into believing anything else. You have to first have a personal relationship with the Son before you can experience life eternal with Him and the Father, your Creator. And that leads to one more important promise:

7. You can escape death and have life eternal through Jesus.

 “Very truly I tell you, whoever hears My word and believes Him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life.” John 5:24

When you choose to follow Jesus and accept Him as your personal Savior, you receive the salvation promise and receive a portion of His rich inheritance - an inheritance set aside in heaven especially for you.

These are just some of the promises we have from the Lord. The Bible is full of so many more. My prayer is that you will invest yourself daily in becoming richer in the knowledge of Him, that you will seek and find His voice which is ever ready to speak truth into your life and guide you toward His perfect will.

Amen.

In Christ,

Mark

PS: Please share this with anyone you feel might be blessed by it.

Send any prayer requests to OurChristianWalk@aol.com

No comments: