Sunday, December 9, 2012

LOVING GOD

Can I pray for you in any way? Send any prayer requests to OurChristianWalk.com. 

In Christ, Mark

The scriptures. May God bless the reading of His holy word.

“Because he loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges My name. He will call on Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. With long life I will satisfy him and show him My salvation.”

Psalm 91:14-16

This ends this reading from God's holy word. Thanks be to God.

The following words written by Paul to the Romans have always been one of the most powerful scriptures to turn to when seeking to learn about the love God has for those who love Him:

We know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son, but gave Him up for us all — how will He not also, along with Him, graciously give us all things?

Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died — more than that, who was raised to life — is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us.

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?

Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?

No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.  

Romans 8:28, 31b-35, 37-39

For those who love God and live according to His purpose, nothing can separate them from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus. The scriptures are clear on this.

Think about that for a minute. Nothing can separate a believer from God’s love in Christ Jesus.

Christians are victorious people with an advantage that only comes through Christ Jesus. No one can take away that victory that He won at the tomb after His death on Calvary’s cross and then passed onto all those who would place their faith and trust in Him for salvation. And it didn’t stop there because, as we read in Romans, all those who place their trust in Jesus gain more eternal benefits than just life. They get eternal love as well.

But there is even more we gain outside of eternal life and love. Look at the ending words of the 91st Psalm:

“Because he loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges My name. He will call on Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. With long life I will satisfy him and show him My salvation.”

These aren’t words of a psalmist. They are words from the Lord Himself.

What did He have to say about those who love Him and acknowledge His name? Here are the additional benefits He spoke of:

1. “I will rescue him.”

2. “I will protect him.”

3. “He will call on Me, and I will answer him.”

4. “I will be with him in trouble.”

5. “I will deliver him.”

6. “I will honor him.”

7.With long life I will satisfy him and show him My salvation.”

It’s simply amazing to me that anyone would want to not love and trust in Jesus. Only a fool would turn their back on the greatest life ever, both now in life and afterwards in death – an eternal life that not only includes a love that can’t be taken away by anything but also eternal rescue, protection, companionship, help, deliverance, and honor.

Loving God and His Son Jesus bring us all this. The Bible promises it and they deliver on those promises. My prayer is that you are counted as one of the saved today.

Amen.

In Christ,

Mark

PS: Please share this with anyone you feel might be blessed by it.

Send any prayer requests to OurChristianWalk@aol.com

No comments: