Thursday, March 5, 2015

YOU HAVE BEEN AND ALWAYS WILL BE MY GOD




Can I pray for you in any way? Send any prayer requests to OurChristianWalk@aol.com.

In Christ, Mark
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
** Follow The Christian Walk on Twitter @ThChristianWalk
** Like posts and send friend requests to the author of The Christian Walk, Mark Cummings on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/mark.cummings.733?ref=tn_tnmn
** Become a Follower of The Christian Walk at http://the-christian-walk.blogspot.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The scriptures. May God bless the reading of His holy word.

You brought me out of the womb; You made me trust in You, even at my mother’s breast. From birth, I was cast on You; from my mother’s womb, You have been my God.

Psalm 22:9-10

This ends this reading from God's holy word. Thanks be to God.

Today, I am taking a quick detour from our journey through Isaiah because today is a very special day in my life and one I feel deserves a special devotion.

You see, 55 years ago, I was born into this world. It was the day that God chose to bring me into His creation. He ordained me from the very beginning and in fact, had me in mind from the time He brought everything into being, certainly a long time before He chose to bring my father and mother together, selecting them to be the ones who would raise and nurture me under His watchful eye.

Indeed, God’s hands were all over my birth and subsequent life as they are for every life. These words of the David, a man after God’s own heart, are equally applicable to every created man and woman:

You brought me out of the womb; You made me trust in You, even at my mother’s breast. From birth, I was cast on You; from my mother’s womb, You have been my God.  Psalm 22:9-10

It is God and God alone who makes conception possible and starts things on the path to new life.

It is God and God alone who brings us from our mother’s womb and protects us from that very first breath we take, the very first time we open our eyes to the world.

It is God and God alone who cares for us through life, bringing us to a place of trust in Him, a place where we see that it was only through Him from the very start that we have been blessed with safety and refuge from the dangers and perils of the world.

It is God and God alone who has been our God, who is our God today, and will always be our God, now and forever.

Yes, from the very start until this day, God’s handiwork has been evident in, through, and around me, and it will continue to be so forever through the eternal promise of salvation I have accepted by believing and trusting in Jesus Christ as my Savior.

God, thank You for bringing me through another year. Thank You for choosing me to be an instrument of Your will through the ministry of The Christian Walk. And thank You for what is yet ahead, for every day with You is one filled with thrilling excitement through the blessed opportunities You bring to serve You and others.

Thank You for the gift of life. You have been and always will be my God.

Amen.

In Christ,

Mark

PS: Please share this with anyone you feel might be blessed by it.

Send any prayer requests to OurChristianWalk@aol.com

No comments: