Friday, March 6, 2015

RAISE YOUR VOICE IN SONG



Can I pray for you in any way? Send any prayer requests to OurChristianWalk@aol.com.

In Christ, Mark
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
** Follow The Christian Walk on Twitter @ThChristianWalk
** Like posts and send friend requests to the author of The Christian Walk, Mark Cummings on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/mark.cummings.733?ref=tn_tnmn
** Become a Follower of The Christian Walk at http://the-christian-walk.blogspot.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The scriptures. May God bless the reading of His holy word.

Sing to the Lord a new song, His praise from the ends of the earth, you who go down to the sea, and all that is in it, you islands, and all who live in them. Let the wilderness and its towns raise their voices; let the settlements where Kedar lives rejoice. Let the people of Sela sing for joy; let them shout from the mountaintops.

Let them give glory to the Lord and proclaim His praise in the islands.

Isaiah 42:10-12

This ends this reading from God's holy word. Thanks be to God.

Recently, I discovered a new group of Christian singers and performers who come under the name of Bethel Music. I have been a lover and performer of Christian music for many, many years but always love to hear a new, fresh sound that elevates my heart and soul to a higher plane and these singers and musicians have done just that.

I think what makes their music so incredible is that it is very simplistic and when I say simplistic, I mean their songs portray a simple proclamation of praise to the Lord God Almighty and His Son Jesus. And it’s very easy to tell when you listen to them that their very souls are poured into all they do for when one sings from the heart, it’s easy to feel the pure passion and power that rings out.

I asked for and received a copy of Bethel Music’s new album, We Will Not Be Shaken, for my birthday yesterday and enjoyed listening to it today. Let me share with you some of the wonderful lyrics from a few songs, lyrics that along with the music impel you to lift your hands and sing praises to the Lord along with the performers:

From the title song (listen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2F7ErmvGV4o):

For in the hour of our darkest day
We will not tremble, we won’t be afraid
Hope is rising like the light of dawn
Our God is for us He has overcome

All those against Him will fall  
For our God is stronger, He can do all things

From the song, “You Don’t Miss A Thing” (listen here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzXgO7UfRHs):

When You stand
I feel the floor of Heaven tremble 
As You breathe 
We live and have our being 

When you speak 
Oh I feel it in my chest 
When You sing 
All my fears are put to rest 

What a wondrous thing 
I can stand to sing 
Cause when I fall to my knees,                    
 You’re the One who pulls me up again

What a mystery
That You notice me
And in a crowd of ten thousand
You don’t miss a thing

And from the song, “Ever Be” (listen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhasSpSBdEE):

You’re making me like you
Clothing me in white
Bringing beauty from ashes
For You will have Your bride
Free of all her guilt and rid of all her shame
And known by her true name and it’s why I sing

You will be praised
You will be praised
With angels and saints we sing
Worthy are You Lord

This testimony fits well with today’s scripture passage as we return to the 42nd chapter of Isaiah and words that urge us to raise our voices in song, just as the artists of Bethel Music and other Christian groups do each and every day. Look at these verses:

Sing to the Lord a new song, His praise from the ends of the earth, you who go down to the sea, and all that is in it, you islands, and all who live in them. Let the wilderness and its towns raise their voices; let the settlements where Kedar lives rejoice. Let the people of Sela sing for joy; let them shout from the mountaintops.

Let them give glory to the Lord and proclaim His praise in the islands.
Isaiah 42:10-12

I don’t know what music touches your heart and soul but I pray there is at least one song of praise that lifts your spirit whenever you hear it, a song that takes you over and brings you to a place where you can’t help but lift your hands up to show reverence, honor, and glory unto the Lord.

For I don’t believe there could be any greater music to the Lord’s ears, then hearing the praises of His people, worshipping Him for all He has been, all He is, and all He is yet to be in our lives.

Today, find that song that you love to sing out and proclaim praises to the Lord with the fullest measure of your heart’s devotion while bringing Him all the glory for only He is worthy of it.

Thank You Lord for the gift of song and for the ability to sing them in adoration of Your magnificent splendor.

Amen.

In Christ,

Mark

PS: Please share this with anyone you feel might be blessed by it.

Send any prayer requests to OurChristianWalk@aol.com

No comments: