Friday, March 27, 2015

I AM THE LORD WHO (PART 1)



Can I pray for you in any way? Send any prayer requests to OurChristianWalk@aol.com.

In Christ, Mark
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
** Follow The Christian Walk on Twitter @ThChristianWalk
** Like posts and send friend requests to the author of The Christian Walk, Mark Cummings on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/mark.cummings.733?ref=tn_tnmn
** Become a Follower of The Christian Walk at http://the-christian-walk.blogspot.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The scriptures. May God bless the reading of His holy word.

This is what the Lord says—your Redeemer, who formed you in the womb:

“I am the Lord, the Maker of all things, who stretches out the heavens, who spreads out the earth by Myself.”

Isaiah 44:24

This ends this reading from God's holy word. Thanks be to God.

Today starts a five part series based on proclamations from the Lord as to who He is. Today, we see how He is at the center of creation. Look at verse 24 of Isaiah 44:

This is what the Lord says—your Redeemer, who formed you in the womb: “I am the Lord, the Maker of all things, who stretches out the heavens, who spreads out the earth by Myself.”

Think about times in life when you made something. I know for me it goes back to when I was a kid in school and we would have projects to do. Ditto for Sunday School. I remember the pride I felt in my completed work and that would repeat itself as I watched my daughters grow up and into adulthood.

Even as adults, we find that our creative juices continue to flow. My daughter is very talented in making clothes and other things. My sister and her husband have torn apart their kitchen to do an upgrade, one that will make that living space considerably newer and more contemporary. And every day I get to sit at the computer and create these devotions using the talents that the Lord has given me.

You see, none of us could make anything if it weren’t for our Creator granting us creative abilities. To Him goes all the honor, glory, and praise for any good thing we’re able to do. For in the reality of things, we stand pale in comparison to the Lord, the Maker of all things, when it comes to what we can do. Frankly, all of us are extremely limited in our abilities.

That’s not said to slight us but I think we need to understand who we are so we can fully appreciate all that Lord is, the Lord who said He was the Maker of all things.

We look at the heavens and stand in wonder at the sun, moon, stars, clouds, and planets. All of it was set in place by the Lord who stretched out the heavens and established their beauty.

We look all around us at the wonder of the earth, the plants and trees and animals and people who inhabit it, and then we have to stop and remember that one Lord made it all. He ordained all life and spread it across the earth.

He did this. No one else.

Friends, we serve an awesome Lord who had and has the creative power and might to make everything we know. Everything.

I don’t know about you but it’s simply awe-inspiring and amazing to think about and I can totally see why missionary Stuart Hine wrote the following words, words that we have come to love as a favorite hymn used in countless services, the hymn “How Great Thou Art”:

O Lord my God, when I in awesome wonder
Consider all the worlds thy hands have made,
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,
Thy power throughout the universe displayed:

Then sings my soul, my Savior God, to thee:
How great thou art! How great thou art!
Then sings my soul, my Savior God, to thee:
How great thou art! How great thou art!

Today and every day, let us give praise and honor to the Lord who made all things.

Amen.

In Christ,

Mark

PS: Please share this with anyone you feel might be blessed by it.

Send any prayer requests to OurChristianWalk@aol.com

No comments: