Sunday, March 22, 2015

NO OTHER (PART 3)



Can I pray for you in any way? Send any prayer requests to OurChristianWalk@aol.com.

In Christ, Mark
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
** Follow The Christian Walk on Twitter @ThChristianWalk
** Like posts and send friend requests to the author of The Christian Walk, Mark Cummings on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/mark.cummings.733?ref=tn_tnmn
** Become a Follower of The Christian Walk at http://the-christian-walk.blogspot.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The scriptures. May God bless the reading of His holy word.

Do not tremble, do not be afraid. Did I not proclaim this and foretell it long ago? You are my witnesses. Is there any God besides me? No, there is no other Rock; I know not one.”

Isaiah 44:8

This ends this reading from God's holy word. Thanks be to God.

There is no other god than the Lord God Almighty. That has been the focal point of this three part series.

There is no other god who is worthy of our fullest devotion, worship, and praise.

There is no other god who is sets our futures in place before we even live them.

And as we look at our scripture verse today, we find that there is no other protector like our God.

Do not tremble, do not be afraid. Did I not proclaim this and foretell it long ago? You are my witnesses. Is there any God besides me? No, there is no other Rock; I know not one.” Isaiah 44:8

We face many challenges in life, challenges that can shake us to our core and leave us frightened and afraid, Thank goodness that we have a God who can do all things, a God who desires to use power in ways that keep His children safe and sound from harm. There is no other refuge like Him, our Rock who cannot be moved. The scriptures proclaim this over and over again.

The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation. He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior from violent people You save me. 2 Samuel 22:2b-3

As for God, His way is perfect: The Lord’s word is flawless; He shields all who take refuge in Him. Psalm 18:30

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Psalm 46:1

Trust in him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge. Psalm 62:8

He is my loving God and my fortress, my stronghold and my deliverer, my shield, in whom I take refuge. Psalm 144:2

When calamity comes, the wicked are brought down, but even in death the righteous seek refuge in God. Proverbs 14:32

It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in humans. Psalm 118:8

The One who provides us perfect safety and shielding.

The One who is our ever present help in times of trouble because He is always with us.

The One who we can trust at all times because He never fails us.

The One loves us and pours out His all for us so we can in turn pour out our hearts to Him.

The One who the righteous can seek when calamity comes.

The One who has no human rival because no human can do what God can do.

God is our Maker and Master. God is our blessed and precious Redeemer and Deliverer. God is our Rock and there is no other like Him.

There wasn’t in the times of the biblical Israelites. There isn’t today. There will never be in the future.

Then, now, and forever more, God is Almighty and Sovereign over all and if He is with us, no one or nothing can stand against us (Romans 8:31) and we are more than conquerors in and through Him (Romans 8:31, 37). The scriptures assure us of this.

Why would we follow anyone or anything else?

Amen.

In Christ,

Mark

PS: Please share this with anyone you feel might be blessed by it.

Send any prayer requests to OurChristianWalk@aol.com

No comments: