Wednesday, August 12, 2015

THE LORD SPEAKS (PART 17)



Can I pray for you in any way? Send any prayer requests to OurChristianWalk@aol.com.

In Christ, Mark
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
** Follow The Christian Walk on Twitter @ThChristianWalk
** Like posts and send friend requests to the author of The Christian Walk, Mark Cummings on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/mark.cummings.733?ref=tn_tnmn
** Become a Follower of The Christian Walk at http://the-christian-walk.blogspot.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The scriptures. May God bless the reading of His holy word.

“And I, because of what they have planned and done, am about to come and gather the people of all nations and languages, and they will come and see my glory.”

“I will set a sign among them, and I will send some of those who survive to the nations—to Tarshish, to the Libyans and Lydians (famous as archers), to Tubal and Greece, and to the distant islands that have not heard of my fame or seen my glory. They will proclaim my glory among the nations. And they will bring all your people, from all the nations, to My holy mountain in Jerusalem as an offering to the Lord—on horses, in chariots and wagons, and on mules and camels,” says the Lord. “They will bring them, as the Israelites bring their grain offerings, to the temple of the Lord in ceremonially clean vessels. And I will select some of them also to be priests and Levites,” says the Lord.

“As the new heavens and the new earth that I make will endure before me,” declares the Lord, “so will your name and descendants endure. From one New Moon to another and from one Sabbath to another, all mankind will come and bow down before me,” says the Lord. “And they will go out and look on the dead bodies of those who rebelled against me; the worms that eat them will not die, the fire that burns them will not be quenched, and they will be loathsome to all mankind.”

Isaiah 66:18-24

This ends today’s reading from God's holy word. Thanks be to God.

Today, I reach the end of the Book of Isaiah after nearly a year’s worth of devotions. It’s been a wonderful journey through the book of the prophet and we have found the Lord speaking words of judgment and salvation throughout. Indeed, we serve a Lord who holds us accountable for the sins we commit and will not stand for being disrespected but we also serve a Lord who is loving and merciful, faithful in His compassion and grace toward His people when they repent of their sins and turn back toward the righteousness that is only found in Him.

This final devotion in Isaiah is also the final devotion in the series, The Lord Speaks, and as we see in today’s passage, the Lord is telling us the following:

“I am coming back to earth again and will gather people from all nations and languages to see and experience My glory like never before. From that day on, I will abide with them and they with me, rejoicing and worshipping before my throne forever as they bask in My light and love.”

It’s a great vision, isn’t it?

I never get tired of thinking about being with God and Jesus forever, free from all the things that would trouble us in this world. On that day, when all those who placed their belief and faith in trust receive the promised salvation reward, all sin and suffering and hardship and pain and struggle and brokenness will end in the blink of an eye and we will be in paradise, experiencing eternal peace and comfort forever.

Why should we always keep this in the forefront?

Because it reminds us that no matter how bad things get in life on this earth that is destined to be destroyed, we have a hope awaiting that can never be taken away from us. The Lord is coming to make all things new, once and for all eternity.

Thus, there is no wondering what will happen in our future because through Jesus, it has already been set and secured. All who are in Christ, already know how the final chapter of their life will read and it will be the best happy ending ever.

As we finish this amazing book of prophecy, let’s all give thanks for the assurance the Lord speaks into our lives in the final verses.

Blessed glory awaits, my fellow Christians, so rejoice and be glad!

Amen.

In Christ,

Mark

PS: Please share this with anyone you feel might be blessed by it.

Send any prayer requests to OurChristianWalk@aol.com

No comments: