Friday, August 14, 2015

PURPOSED



Can I pray for you in any way? Send any prayer requests to OurChristianWalk@aol.com.

In Christ, Mark
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
** Follow The Christian Walk on Twitter @ThChristianWalk
** Like posts and send friend requests to the author of The Christian Walk, Mark Cummings on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/mark.cummings.733?ref=tn_tnmn
** Become a Follower of The Christian Walk at http://the-christian-walk.blogspot.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The scriptures. May God bless the reading of His holy word.

The word of the Lord came to me, saying, “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”

Jeremiah 1:4-5

This ends today’s reading from God's holy word. Thanks be to God.

Have you ever found yourself wondering about your purpose in life?

Maybe it happens to all of us at one time or another because it’s easy to get so caught up in this thing called life and all the world’s trappings to the point where we begin to look for meaningful things and that includes the things we do making a difference.

We all want to know that we count for something.

So why do we always seem to find ourselves void of answers when we seek why we are here on earth?

Perhaps, it’s because we have not turned to the only One who truly purposes us.

If you don’t get what I just said, then look at today’s scripture passage from Jeremiah 1 and you will find the Lord making things crystal clear for you in just two mere verses:

The word of the Lord came to me, saying, “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”  Jeremiah 1:4-5

Jeremiah was a priest in the tribe of Benjamin. We learned this from the opening verses of this book. That was one purpose that the Lord had for him but there were still others. In fact, God tells his future messenger that he was purposed to be a prophet before he was even formed in his mother’s womb.

Let that sink in for just a moment.

For the Almighty Creator of all things and our Heavenly Father, sets each of us apart before we are even conceived, purposing us to do His work during the time on earth that He blesses us with.

Jeremiah was appointed prophet of the nations.

What were you purposed for?

I don’t have the answer to that question but we both know who does. All you need to do is stop trying to find your purpose in the world and turn to the God who set you apart to do special work to His honor and glory before you were formed in your mother’s womb.

Trust me when I tell you that if you seek the meaning for your life, He will give it to you and direct you to the purposes He designed you to carry out. Just as He appointed Jeremiah, He’s ready to appoint you.

As I finish this devotion today, I rejoice in all the many purposes God has created me to carry out for Him to include this very devotion you are reading and more than 1,800 others that have come before. There are many other things He has called me to do and they all add up to a life that I wouldn’t trade for any other.

For there is no more satisfying, enjoyable life than the one lived in obedience to the purposes that God appointed you for.

I invite you to give it a try. You’ll see exactly what I’m talking about.

Amen.

In Christ,

Mark

PS: Please share this with anyone you feel might be blessed by it.

Send any prayer requests to OurChristianWalk@aol.com

No comments: