Monday, April 20, 2015

THIS IS WHAT THE LORD SAYS (PART 18)



Can I pray for you in any way? Send any prayer requests to OurChristianWalk@aol.com.

In Christ, Mark
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
** Follow The Christian Walk on Twitter @ThChristianWalk
** Like posts and send friend requests to the author of The Christian Walk, Mark Cummings on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/mark.cummings.733?ref=tn_tnmn
** Become a Follower of The Christian Walk at http://the-christian-walk.blogspot.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The scriptures. May God bless the reading of His holy word.

“This is what the Lord says to His anointed, to Cyrus, whose right hand I take hold of. Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other. By myself I have sworn, My mouth has uttered in all integrity a word that will not be revoked: Before Me every knee will bow; by Me every tongue will swear. They will say of Me, ‘In the Lord alone are deliverance and strength.’”

All who have raged against Him will come to Him and be put to shame. But all the descendants of Israel will find deliverance in the Lord and will make their boast in Him.

Isaiah 45:1a, 22-25

This ends this reading from God's holy word. Thanks be to God.

I don’t know about you but I cannot get enough of the Lord speaking to me. I guess that was why I was moved by Him to take my time as we navigated through the 45th chapter of Isaiah because the Lord was sharing characteristics and truths about Himself that we needed to learn or at least be reminded of.

So what has He shared with us through this series?

Here is a synopsis of what the Lord has told us:

Part 1: “I am with you, I am for you, and I am going before you in all that you do.”
Part 2: “I will break down the gates of your difficulties and release you from the bars that incarcerate you in adversity. Believe and trust in Me for I am with you and for you. And remember there is nothing beyond the work of My hands.”
Part 3: “I will give you hidden treasures, riches stored in secret places so that you may know that I am the Lord.”
Part 4: “I summon you by name and bestow on you a title of honor.”
Part 5: “I am the Lord and there is no other.”
Part 6: “I will strengthen you.”
Part 7: “I form the light and create darkness.”
Part 8: “I bring prosperity and create disaster.”
Part 9: “I, the Lord, do all these things.”
Part 10: “I have created it.”
Part 11: “Do not question Me.”
Part 12: “I will raise you up in My righteousness: I will make your ways straight.”
Part 13: “All the makers of idols will be put to shame and disgraced; they will go off into disgrace together.”
Part 14: “Israel will be saved by the Lord with an everlasting salvation; you will never be put to shame or disgraced, to ages everlasting.”
Part 15: “I am not speaking in secret. I have not forsaken you. Seek Me and you will not do so in vain. Trust Me with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, and you will find peace and rest for your weary soul. I love you, I am with you, and I am for you always.”
Part 16: “I speak the truth and declare what is right.”
Part 17: “I am God, a righteous Savior and there is none but Me. Do not place your faith in yourself or anyone else, only ignorant people do that. Instead, trust in Me, the One who made you, nurtured you, and brought you to this place in time. Believe in Me and know I am with you and for you. There is nothing beyond the works of My hands so consider the impossible as possible, regard the improbable as probable, and the implausible as plausible.”

Would you agree with me today that we serve an awesome and amazing Lord?

Well, even with what we know already (and it’s a lot on its own), the Lord has saved the best for last as we conclude this series with these words that close out Isaiah 45:

“Turn to Me and be saved all you ends of earth.”

Friends, as we revel in the blessing of our present lives, we are still in the midst of trouble and peril. It’s dangerous unless we have someone who is watching over us and granting protection. All those who turn to the Lord have just that as He and He alone is our Savior. He keeps us in His care in this world and makes the way to life after death, so that our last breath on earth does not mark the end but only the glorious beginning of life with Him forever. This is the incredible, magnificent hope we have that sets us free from fear and allows us to boldly carry out the Father’s will.

The Lord has told us that if we turn to Him we will find salvation. Glory alleluia, now and forever for this truth.

Amen.

In Christ,

Mark

PS: Please share this with anyone you feel might be blessed by it.

Send any prayer requests to OurChristianWalk@aol.com

No comments: