Thursday, April 23, 2015

REMEMBER



Can I pray for you in any way? Send any prayer requests to OurChristianWalk@aol.com.

In Christ, Mark
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
** Follow The Christian Walk on Twitter @ThChristianWalk
** Like posts and send friend requests to the author of The Christian Walk, Mark Cummings on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/mark.cummings.733?ref=tn_tnmn
** Become a Follower of The Christian Walk at http://the-christian-walk.blogspot.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The scriptures. May God bless the reading of His holy word.

“Remember this, keep it in mind, take it to heart, you rebels. Remember the former things, those of long ago; I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like Me. I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say, ‘My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please.’”

Isaiah 46:8-10

This ends this reading from God's holy word. Thanks be to God.

Remember.

It’s a command we could apply universally to anything that has to do with the Lord God Almighty.

We are to remember the things the Lord has said. All His promises. All His commands. All His warnings. All His guidance and directives.

We are to remember all He has done. All His creative works. All His miracles. All His acts of power. All His judgments. All of His healings.

We are to remember that there is nothing beyond the work of His hands. Nothing is impossible with Him.

We are to remember how much He loves us and how He gives us His grace and mercy and forgiveness and pardon.

We are to remember His salvation promise through His Son and our Savior Jesus Christ.

So much to remember and as you will see in our scripture passage today, the Lord gives us a few more things to commit to memory. Look at these verses:

“Remember this, keep it in mind, take it to heart, you rebels. Remember the former things, those of long ago; I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like Me. I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say, ‘My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please.’”  Isaiah 46:8-10

The Lord is ordering His people and us as well to remember what He is about to say, to keep His word sin mind, to take them to heart. We’re not to let His words go in one ear and out the other. No, we’re to write His words upon our hearts, minds, and souls, cherishing and treasuring them. Specifically, He tells us to receive and retain the following:

1. Remember the past things I have done.  

“Remember the former things, those of long ago.”

Think about all that the Lord has done since the dawn of creation. Keep in mind all that He did for His people as documented in the scriptures. Never forget the sacrifice Jesus made to bring us salvation.

These and other things happened long before our present day lives but they are not to be forgotten. Rather the Lord wants for us to always remember what He has done, past and present.

2. Remember that I am the One true God.

“I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like Me.”

Unrivaled. Unmatched. Incomparable to anything we know in life. This is the Lord God Almighty, the One we should allow to slip from our mind.

3. Remember I hold the future in My hands.

“I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come.”

We need not worry about the future because the Lord has it all under control. And when we place our faith, hope, and trust in Jesus, our future becomes sealed through His salvation promise. Death is not the end but only the glorious entry into a life eternal, a chapter filled with nothing but light and love, a chapter free from all the world’s afflictions and difficulties. The Lord has made it known already.

4. Remember that I purpose all things and my purposes will stand.

“My purpose will stand.”

The Lord has a purpose for all of our lives. He has purposed things since the dawn of creation and He will continue to purpose things until all things are fulfilled that He has promised. Nothing can change or alter what the Lord purposes. Only He can do that. We need only to fully believe and trust that He is always working things for our good.

5. Remember that I will do what I deem necessary.

“I will do all that I please.”

The Lord’s will is going to be done, whether we like it or not. He will do all that He pleases to do and there is no one or nothing who is going to stop Him.

Friends, the Lord speaks to us constantly through His word and Spirit, and He expects for us to listen and remember everything He says. It’s really that simple. Never forget that.

Amen.

In Christ,

Mark

PS: Please share this with anyone you feel might be blessed by it.

Send any prayer requests to OurChristianWalk@aol.com

No comments: