Sunday, March 30, 2014

FOLLOW THE RIGHT LEADER



Can I pray for you in any way? Send any prayer requests to OurChristianWalk.com.

In Christ, Mark

The scriptures. May God bless the reading of His holy word.

Whoever leads the upright along an evil path will fall into their own trap, but the blameless will receive a good inheritance.

Proverbs 28:10

This ends this reading from God's holy word. Thanks be to God.

I remember when I was growing up and my parents used to advise me on watching who I associated with. They knew I was young and impressionable, prone to be led down the wrong path if I got in with the wrong crowd. Of course, there was no shortage of options available for me, some good and some bad. Today, I am grateful to have had a father and mother who cared enough for me to ensure I chose my friends wisely and stayed out of trouble.

That education on properly selecting people to follow would serve me well into adulthood. For as I left school and stepped out into the world on my own, I discovered I was faced with the same kinds of decisions I had as a youth. The only difference was that I could make my own choices without having to consult Dad or Mom, a difference that had its share of good points associated with it.

The first good point came in that I still had to make the right choices but do so without their influence. How would I be able to make those choices without them and still be as successful as I was when I was younger at home? Well, I knew I still needed some advice and counsel and so I turned to the Lord for it, knowing that He, as my heavenly Father, would never lead me astray just as my parents had never done. And He always led me the right way to the right people to do the right things.

Through this, I learned that there was a second good point associated with not having my parents to lean on as much. For I learned that I could go to the Lord, not just in times when I needed to know who to associate with, but anytime concerning any matter of life, fully confident that He would always deliver and provide the direction I needed, whenever I needed it.

It’s this subject, the subject of watching whose lead you follow that is at the heart of our proverb for today. Look at verse 10 of Proverbs, Chapter 28:

Whoever leads the upright along an evil path will fall into their own trap, but the blameless will receive a good inheritance.

First, God’s word has a stern warning for all leaders out there. Take advantage of someone who has been predominantly right and lead them into evil and you will fall prey to the very evil you are espousing, trapped in your sin and wickedness, subject to the Lord’s wrath and consequences. The Lord will not look kindly on anyone who leads another person into transgressions for that person is partnered with Satan, plain and simple, and their actions are earmarked by that malevolent relationship.

Conversely, lead blamelessly, guiding those who follow you to right and righteous living and you will get to enjoy the blessings and rewards that come with living fully in the light of the Lord’s favor, blessings and rewards that include a portion of the rich inheritance that comes to everyone who place their faith, hope, and trust in Jesus Christ.

Friends, the word of the Lord is asking us two questions today:

1. What kind of leader are you? Are you leading others in and into righteousness? Or are you leading others into sin and wickedness?

2. What kind of leaders are you following, those who are leading in righteousness or those leading in wickedness? For it has to make a difference to us as to who we connect ourselves to.

Whether we’re talking about being the leader or following one, one thing is sure. We’ll only success in leading or properly following if we seek the Lord and His direction.

He will never lead us the wrong way. Trust in that.

Amen.

In Christ,

Mark

PS: Please share this with anyone you feel might be blessed by it.

Send any prayer requests to OurChristianWalk@aol.com

No comments: