Wednesday, April 17, 2013

WONDERFULLY MADE

Can I pray for you in any way? Send any prayer requests to OurChristianWalk.com.

In Christ, Mark

The scriptures. May God bless the reading of His holy word.

For You created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

Psalm 139:13-14

This ends this reading from God's holy word. Thanks be to God.

I think I can be safe in saying that we are a people today who tend to be very self conscious, especially about the way we look.

This isn’t a new, twenty-first century phenomena by any means. For quite awhile now, people have shown concerns over the way they are, whether their body shape or proportion of different body parts. We fret over the way our faces look. We worry about our hair style or color. We get on the scale, concerned about our weight and strike countless poses in front of the mirror from almost every conceivable angle to assess and critique our physique. And when we don’t like what we see, we sometimes are willing to take extreme measures to try and become what we want ourselves to be with some even undergoing surgical procedures to alter their looks.

I think you know what I’m talking about and maybe you are counted in this number.

And so with this, I simply ask one question.

Why? Why are we so obsessed with changing the way we look as if we are the ones who are to measure the way we appear? Why can’t we just be satisfied with being the way God designed us to be?

Now, before someone jumps all over me on this and says there are some initiatives and procedures that are necessary, and I want to say I am not speaking out against this, particularly when the need is life saving. Many people today are overweight and need to make lifestyle changes, even to the point of surgery. It’s not these people I’m talking about.

I’m talking about the people who make change for the sake of change, the people who either aren’t aware of or have forgotten these words of David from the 139th Psalm:

For You created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

Friends, we are wonderfully made, knit together fiber by fiber by the Creator God of all things, a God who never errs, a God who produces nothing but perfection. All His works are wonderful and out of all His works, perhaps none is more beautifully conceived than mankind. We are His handiwork and He marvels over all He has created.

Please keep that in mind the next time you look at yourself and think you don’t measure up in some way. Don’t allow the world to dictate who you are to include how you appear. Always remember that God loves you just the way He created you and He always will.

Praise and give thanks to Him always for that and live in peace.

Amen.

In Christ,

Mark

PS: Please share this with anyone you feel might be blessed by it.

Send any prayer requests to OurChristianWalk@aol.com

No comments: