Sunday, March 5, 2023

THE JOY OF CELEBRATING LIFE

Can I pray for you in any way?

Send any prayer requests to Gods4all@aol.com

In Christ, Mark

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

** Follow The Christian Walk on Twitter @ThChristianWalk

** Like posts and send friend requests to the author of The Christian Walk, Mark Cummings on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/mark.cummings.733?ref=tn_tnmn

** Become a Follower of The Christian Walk at http://the-christian-walk.blogspot.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The scriptures. May God bless the reading of His holy word.

However many years anyone may live, let them enjoy them all. Ecclesiastes 11:8

...You created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Psalm 139:13-14

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

You make known to me the path of life; You will fill me with joy in Your presence, with eternal pleasures at Your right hand. Psalm 16:11

This ends this reading from God's holy word. Thanks be to God.

63 years. That’s a long time to do anything and for me it has been living.

Yes, today marks a milestone for me, another birthday, and I couldn’t be more grateful to God for what He has done in my life.

Back on March 5th of 1960, God birthed me into His creation as I emerged from my mother’s womb. For the nine months prior, I was being knit together, cell by cell, fiber by fiber, bone by bone. My inmost being was shaped and formed then, and since that time, the Lord has continued to be the One responsible for developing me – physically, mentally, and spiritually. I have been fearfully and wonderfully made and so I echo the feelings of the psalmist David and lift my praises and thanksgiving to my Lord, my Maker and Master.

As mentioned, the Lord has blessed me with 63 years of life and He did so with the intent that I would enjoy them all. As I look back across the landscape of my life, there were many difficult times, some that lingered for lengthy periods, but none of them totally absorbed any one year. There were times of enjoyment in every single year the Lord has given, it’s just that some were more enjoyable than others. Maybe you can relate.

Friends, we need to remember that the Lord never promised us that life would be easy. He did promise us that He would be with us every step of the way, our very present help in times of trouble (Psalm 46:1) and our everlasting friend who celebrates our joys with us as much as He shares in our sorrows.

What makes this journey across 63 years so amazing is that it has been orchestrated by a Lord who had a plan for me from the very beginning. From that moment I was born, gasping for that first breath of earth’s air and crying out in fear over my new environment, I was purposed by the same God who wove me together and set forth on a path that would help me prosper and hope for the future. Indeed, I would discover the greatest prosperity and eternal hope available in His Son Jesus, my Savior.

Yes, it was God who has made known to me the path of life and I have not reached the end of that path here on earth, not yet anyways. There’s still more journeying ahead and I look forward to experiencing more joys while serving the Lord in His presence, all the while rejoicing in the eternal pleasures He had provided through His Son. For because of Jesus, the best is always yet to come.

Tomorrow, I will continue our study through Paul’s letter to the Ephesians but for today, I will take the time to center on the joy that comes with celebrating a wonderful, blessed life that the Lord has given me. Thanks be to Him for that wonderful gift!

Amen.

In Christ,

Mark

PS: Feel free to leave a comment and please share this with anyone you feel might be blessed by it. Send any prayer requests to Gods4all@aol.com

No comments: