Tuesday, November 22, 2022

AMAZING, SUFFICIENT GRACE

Can I pray for you in any way?

Send any prayer requests to Gods4all@aol.com

In Christ, Mark

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

** Follow The Christian Walk on Twitter @ThChristianWalk

** Like posts and send friend requests to the author of The Christian Walk, Mark Cummings on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/mark.cummings.733?ref=tn_tnmn

** Become a Follower of The Christian Walk at http://the-christian-walk.blogspot.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The scriptures. May God bless the reading of His holy word.

But He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness.”

Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties.

For when I am weak, then I am strong.

2 Corinthians 12:9-10

This ends this reading from God's holy word. Thanks be to God.

How does the world view weakness?

I guarantee you that the majority see it as a negative character trait in someone.

To be weak means you’re a lesser person, not able to contribute much to society. You’re a person who should cower down to others because they are more superior to you, stronger and able to succeed where you fail. You’re also an easy mark as your weakness will make you vulnerable to attack from those stronger than you. You are easily taken advantage of and never do anything to stand up for yourself and fight back.

Have you ever felt some or all of this? Have you ever felt inadequate and feeble sometime in your life?

Indeed, the world would endorse people avoiding weakness but as we see over and over again, our Lord doesn’t subscribe to the world’s views or ways. We see yet one more example in our passage for today. Look again at it here:

But He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness.”

Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties.

For when I am weak, then I am strong.  2 Corinthians 12:9-10

Here we find God’s word contradicting the world’s way of looking at weakness for it is actually encouraged.

Why would weakness be glorified here?

Because when we see ourselves as weak, we see ourselves in need of the Lord’s strength and power to make it through this thing called life.

The Apostle Paul testifies to this truth and went as far to boast about his weaknesses with gladness. He did so because he understood that Jesus would provide His power to help him get through whatever trials and challenges he was going through. The Lord’s power was revealed perfectly when Paul saw his need for that power to make it through his ministry challenges, challenges that included insults, persecutions, hardships, and difficulties.

In the end, the amazing grace of God was sufficient and all Paul really needed to get by.

How would you explain this amazing, sufficient grace to another person?

I always like this method, using each letter of the word “grace”:

God’s

Reward

At

Christ’s

Expense

No person has done anything to earn or merit this grace. Rather, God gives it freely to anyone who places their belief and faith in His Son.

Did I mention it was amazing?

So when the world condemns you because you appear weak, remember that your strength doesn’t come from yourself or any other source than the Lord God Almighty.

He is your strength and always will be. Just allow His power to be your own.

Amen.

In Christ,

Mark

PS: Feel free to leave a comment and please share this with anyone you feel might be blessed by it.
Send any prayer requests to Gods4all@aol.com

No comments: