Thursday, November 22, 2007

THANKS...FROM THE WORD

Can I pray for you in any way? Send any prayer requests to faithhopegodlove@aol.com In Christ, Mark

Today, I take a brief respite from Genesis to focus on the subject at hand on this blessed day: Thanksgiving. As we seek to learn what we should be thankful for, we shouldn’t forget what the Holy Bible teaches. So in tribute to Thanksgiving, to the Lord and to my faithful readers, I offer these biblical reason for us to be thankful:

…for He is good and His love endures forever.
Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever. 1 Chronicles 16:34

…for His righteousness.
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High. Psalm 7:17

…because He is our strength and shield.
The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song. Psalm 28:7

…for His name is near.
We give thanks to you, O God, we give thanks, for your Name is near… Psalm 75:1

…for His unfailing love and wonderful deeds unto us.
Let them give thanks to the LORD for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for men… Psalm 107.8

…because He answers our cries for a Savior to become our redeemer and salvation.
I will give you thanks, for you answered me; you have become my salvation. Psalm 118:21

…because He is our God.
You are my God, and I will give you thanks… Psalm 118:28

…for His grace and victory given in Jesus Christ.
I always thank God for you because of his grace given you in Christ Jesus. 1 Corinthians 1:4
But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Corinthians 15:57

…for our circumstances.
…give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:18

…for by His Almighty, Infinite Power, He reigns!
"We give thanks to you, Lord God Almighty, the One who is and who was, because you have taken your great power and have begun to reign. Revelation 11:17

We also give thanks for the Word of God that brings us all the wisdom and understanding we need to make it through life. I give thanks for being able to study, discern, and teach from it. I give thanks to all of you who continue to share in this Christian Walk with me. Have a VERY blessed Thanksgiving and may His richest gifts come raining down upon you and yours this day!

In Christ,

Mark

PS: Please share this with anyone you feel might be blessed by it.

http://www.faithhopeandlove.info/

Send any prayer requests to faithhopegodlove@aol.com

No comments: