Saturday, December 1, 2007

AN AROMA OF CHRIST IN SINGAPORE

Can I pray for you in any way? Send any prayer requests to faithhopegodlove@aol.com In Christ, Mark

"But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him. For we are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing." 2 Corinthians 2:14-15

I had an awesome experience today and wanted to share it so count this as a bonus blog entry.

As you all know, I have been on a trip halfway around the world this week…a trip that started in Washington DC last Sunday (November 25th) and went to Honolulu, Tokyo, Singapore and the island of Diego Garcia before returning home a week later on Sunday, December 2nd.

This morning, Saturday, December 1st, I arrived back in Singapore after flying through the early morning hours onboard a military transport plane. I had worked all day Friday up to my flight and arrived at the Singapore Hilton exhausted. So I took a short sleep after getting to my room and then ventured out to do a little shopping for Grace and my daughters (I try to come home with souvenirs when I go abroad).

Well, I was looking for a place to shop and found this nice little indoor mall called the "Far East Plaza". Inside, it was a bustling atmosphere with lots of people shopping and Christmas music playing. After working my way up the fourth and final floor, I had been successful in finding some nice items for my family and was about to leave and get something to eat. The fourth floor seemed to be just a lot of restaurants and nothing more but just as I turned to leave and head down the escalator. Something caused me to look to the end of the hallway where I was standing. I couldn’t see what was at the end of the hall but I felt the urge to walk down to the end to see what was down there.

Well, as I walked past this long line of restaurants and approached the store at the very end of the hall, I heard music coming from the story…music that was saying in English, "I love you God…" It was a praise and worship song and the store was a Christian book store! J And what a wonderful store it was.

I found my tired body and soul reenergized as I shopped around and listed to the wonderful praise music playing. I found a great book to read on my long flight home and then had to tell someone in the store about how blessed I felt to find their store. This led me to Ming.

Ming and I had a wonderful conversation as I thanked her for having such a wonderful store and telling her how much it blessed my heart. We shared several minutes of fellowship and then I told her about The Christian Walk ministry. She took my URL and I told her I intended on writing about my experience today. I look forward to hopefully continuing communication and promised her a free copy of my first book which I plan on getting to press sometime in 2008.

Why do I share this story with you? Because it testifies to what we are assured by in the scriptures. God is always with us…no matter where we go. His presence is revealed in so many different ways. Today, it was at the Christian Book and Gift Corner in the Far East Plaza in Singapore off of Scotts Road…a beacon of light to all.

In closing, Paul’s words from Second Corinthians rings so true in my experience today. For truly God led me down that mall hallway "in triumphal procession in Christ" and "through (Ming and her store) spread everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of Him. What a blessing this place was for me…the weary traveler with a slight cold who needed an injection of Vitamin C (Vitamin Christ). Ming, I hope you read this for you "are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing." God bless you!

In Christ,

Mark

PS: Please share this with anyone you feel might be blessed by it.

PS 2: Would you like to send Ming encouragement? Her e-mail address in Singapore is crestchristian@pacific.net.sg

http://www.faithhopeandlove.info/

Send any prayer requests to faithhopegodlove@aol.com

No comments: