Friday, July 17, 2015

VENGEFUL JUDGMENT



Can I pray for you in any way? Send any prayer requests to OurChristianWalk@aol.com.

In Christ, Mark
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
** Follow The Christian Walk on Twitter @ThChristianWalk
** Like posts and send friend requests to the author of The Christian Walk, Mark Cummings on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/mark.cummings.733?ref=tn_tnmn
** Become a Follower of The Christian Walk at http://the-christian-walk.blogspot.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The scriptures. May God bless the reading of His holy word.

Who is this coming from Edom, from Bozrah, with His garments stained crimson? Who is this, robed in splendor, striding forward in the greatness of His strength?

“It is I, proclaiming victory, mighty to save.”

Why are Your garments red, like those of one treading the winepress?

“I have trodden the winepress alone; from the nations no one was with Me. I trampled them in My anger and trod them down in My wrath; their blood spattered My garments, and I stained all My clothing. It was for Me the day of vengeance; the year for Me to redeem had come. I looked, but there was no one to help, I was appalled that no one gave support; so My own arm achieved salvation for Me, and My own wrath sustained Me. I trampled the nations in My anger; in My wrath I made them drunk and poured their blood on the ground.”

Isaiah 63:1-6

This ends today’s reading from God's holy word. Thanks be to God.

The Bible is clear on one thing regarding the future of this world as we know it.

It’s going to come to an end at the hands of God’s vengeful judgment.

You can try and put your head in the sand, pretending you don’t know about it, or you can just brush it off as some invalid prediction. You can scoff at the very notion of the world’s destruction and that there is a God who exists to make it happen.  

You can try to deny it in any number of ways but rest assured it will happen.

God said it would and there has been nothing that He has proclaimed that didn’t come to be.

So what is that day going to look like, the day when the Lord brings His wrath on this earth?

We get a glimpse of it in the opening verses of Isaiah 62 and you might want to brace yourself because it’s not a pretty picture. Look again at this promise from God as to what’s to come:

Who is this coming from Edom, from Bozrah, with His garments stained crimson? Who is this, robed in splendor, striding forward in the greatness of His strength?

“It is I, proclaiming victory, mighty to save.”

Why are Your garments red, like those of one treading the winepress?

“I have trodden the winepress alone; from the nations no one was with Me. I trampled them in My anger and trod them down in My wrath; their blood spattered My garments, and I stained all My clothing. It was for Me the day of vengeance; the year for Me to redeem had come. I looked, but there was no one to help, I was appalled that no one gave support; so My own arm achieved salvation for Me, and My own wrath sustained Me. I trampled the nations in My anger; in My wrath I made them drunk and poured their blood on the ground.”  Isaiah 63:1-6

The imagery is horrific. God appear as He runs roughshod over the nations of the world, His garments splattered and stained with the blood of those who failed to place their hope and trust in Him. He came like a warrior in battle against His enemies and those enemies were many because there sure weren’t any allies. Perhaps that’s the saddest part of this judgment scene.

For when God looked for someone who would side with Him, He found no one. Not one nation was willing to help Him, something He found appalling.

Who could blame Him?

No nation would have come into existence without God’s blessing and approval and yet no nation would even acknowledge Him. The Almighty God of all Creation, the King of kings and Lord of lords was left to fend for Himself, something He had absolutely no problem doing because He is God after all.

Unfortunately, it never had to be that way.

So what do we take away from this today? What is the word of God trying to convey?

That we had be ready when He comes back so it’s not our blood that is on His garments when He brings His vengeful judgment on the world. For there’s a way to ensure we will be spared, even as the nations are taken down around us.

All we need to do is ensure we have believed and trusted in Jesus Christ as our personal Savior. When we do, we become pardoned from God’s wrath and judgment, justified (or made just as if we had never sinned) through Jesus’ shed blood on Calvary’s cross. There, He paid the penalty for our iniquities and made the way for us to live with Him and God forever in the new earth that will be created when this one is destroyed (Revelation 21:1-4).

Want to be exonerated on God’s day of vengeful judgment?

Come to Jesus and don’t delay.

Amen

In Christ,

Mark

PS: Please share this with anyone you feel might be blessed by it.

Send any prayer requests to OurChristianWalk@aol.com

No comments: