Tuesday, March 5, 2013

REMEMBERING OUR BIRTHDAY

Can I pray for you in any way? Send any prayer requests to OurChristianWalk.com.

In Christ, Mark

The scriptures. May God bless the reading of His holy word.

Then God said, “Let us make mankind in Our image, in Our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

So God created mankind in His own image, in the image of God He created them; male and female He created them.

God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”

Genesis 1:26-28

This ends this reading from God's holy word. Thanks be to God.

Today I am blessed to celebrate my 53rd year of existence. Fifty-three years of life since the Lord allowed my father and mother to conceive me and deliver me into His creation, entrusting me to their care. They nurtured me and loved me through my formative years and taught me the things I needed to know about living life and living it right. The foundations of right living were formed through the church as I went as a child and learned about the God who had created me, the very God I write about today on my birthday.

You see, God has always been in the business of ordaining conceptions and births. In fact, not one single birth would have taken place if He hadn’t at first created man and woman to get things started. Our genesis began back in the Book of Genesis with an act from the Master Maker of all things:

Then God said, “Let us make mankind in Our image, in Our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

So God created mankind in His own image, in the image of God He created them; male and female He created them.

Friends, as we celebrate our birthdays in life, we should first be celebrating the One who made it possible. Adam and Eve were born of God and started the cycle of reproduction that still goes on this very day, more than 2,000 years later. Consider every child born into the world since the first couple in Eden and I think you will find yourself as awestruck as I am about God and His incredible invention and handiwork.

Today, I not only celebrate my birthday but I celebrate you and the special people you are. For we all were carefully crafted by God, fearfully and wonderfully made by His hands (Psalm 134:19). This day, as in every day we have lived, we are clay in the hands of the Great Potter who is constantly seeming to mold us into the people He intends us to be (Isaiah 64:8), the people He wishes will reflect His own image. Our Father in heaven is ever raising us in our adulthood as we are His children. As a parent, He loves us perfectly, even when He needs to correct us, and wants the best for us. And the best news of all is that He wants our relationship to last forever.

For while our earthly parents may pass away, God our Father endures forever and through a belief and trust in His Son Jesus, who God sent to save us all, we can endure forever as well, living eternally with our Maker and our Redeemer.

I will receive many well wishes and gifts today on this day God has made me but the best gift has already been given to me, the opportunity to live and love and learn and serve, all made possible by the rich grace and mercy of my God who created me.

My prayer is that you will take time today and every day to thank Him for giving you the same opportunity today.

Blessings to you all.

Amen.

In Christ,

Mark

PS: Please share this with anyone you feel might be blessed by it.

Send any prayer requests to OurChristianWalk@aol.com

No comments: