Wednesday, January 23, 2013

O LORD, HOW GREAT IS YOUR LOVE

Can I pray for you in any way? Send any prayer requests to OurChristianWalk.com.

In Christ, Mark

The scriptures. May God bless the reading of His holy word.

My heart, O God, is steadfast; I will sing and make music with all my soul. Awake, harp and lyre! I will awaken the dawn. I will praise you, Lord, among the nations; I will sing of You among the peoples. For great is Your love, higher than the heavens; Your faithfulness reaches to the skies. Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let Your glory be over all the earth. Save us and help us with Your right hand, that those You love may be delivered.

Psalm 108:1-6

This ends this reading from God's holy word. Thanks be to God.

My heart is steadfast O God
And I will sing
With all my heart and soul
In glory to the King

How great is Your love
So much higher than the heavens
With faithfulness that reaches the sky.

These words were written and sang by the contemporary Christian group, Mercy Me and reflect the spirit of King David as He wrote these opening words of the 107th Psalm:

My heart, O God, is steadfast; I will sing and make music with all my soul. Awake, harp and lyre! I will awaken the dawn. I will praise you, Lord, among the nations; I will sing of You among the peoples. For great is Your love, higher than the heavens; Your faithfulness reaches to the skies. Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let Your glory be over all the earth. Save us and help us with Your right hand, that those You love may be delivered.

Note what happens when we fully comprehend the great depth of God’s love:

1. We will want to sing about it just as Mercy Me did, lifting our voice and singing our admiration for Him from the very depths of our souls.

2. We will want to praise Him, proclaiming His greatness and goodness.

3. We understand that the height and depth of God’s love and faithfulness have no boundaries as they reach into the sky and even beyond it to the heavens.

4. We find ourselves exalting God as no one else is more deserving of our honor and acclaim.

5. We see God’s glory and majesty expressed in one of its most pure forms, for at the heart of God and all His amazing might is the power of His love.

6. We realize that God is for us and longs to deliver us in times of need, all because He loves us.

7. We understand the great love that God has for us resulted in Him ultimately saving us through sacrificing His Son Jesus to pay the price for our sins.

Steadfast. Great. Infinitely far reaching. Saving.

These all amply describe the magnitude of the Father’s love for us, His beloved and cherished children.

Let’s make sure we tell all about it, now and forever.

Listen to Mercy Me’s “How Great is Your Love”: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kV_38wpiuDw

Amen

In Christ,

Mark

PS: Please share this with anyone you feel might be blessed by it.

Send any prayer requests to OurChristianWalk@aol.com

No comments: