Saturday, May 28, 2022

A RESOUNDING "YES"!

Can I pray for you in any way?

Send any prayer requests to Gods4all@aol.com

In Christ, Mark

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

** Follow The Christian Walk on Twitter @ThChristianWalk

** Like posts and send friend requests to the author of The Christian Walk, Mark Cummings on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/mark.cummings.733?ref=tn_tnmn

** Become a Follower of The Christian Walk at http://the-christian-walk.blogspot.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The scriptures. May God bless the reading of His holy word.

Because I was confident of this, I wanted to visit you first so that you might benefit twice. I wanted to visit you on my way to Macedonia and to come back to you from Macedonia, and then to have you send me on my way to Judea. Was I fickle when I intended to do this? Or do I make my plans in a worldly manner so that in the same breath I say both “Yes, yes” and “No, no”?

But as surely as God is faithful, our message to you is not “Yes” and “No.” For the Son of God, Jesus Christ, who was preached among you by us—by me and Silas and Timothy—was not “Yes” and “No,” but in Him it has always been “Yes.” For no matter how many promises God has made, they are “Yes” in Christ. And so through Him the “Amen” is spoken by us to the glory of God.

2 Corinthians 1:15-20

This ends today’s reading from God's holy word. Thanks be to God.

Is there any person who can give you assurances you can always trust and be sure of?

It’s a question we should ponder as we live this thing called life.

I know for me, I have yet to find someone so absolutely dependable in the things they say that I can always rely on them following through with their promises and giving me perfectly trustworthy information.

This is why the scriptures for today are so critically important for us to know and understand for within them we learn there is only one source of absolute truth, only One person who keeps every promise without flaw. Look again at these words from the Apostle Paul:

Because I was confident of this, I wanted to visit you first so that you might benefit twice. I wanted to visit you on my way to Macedonia and to come back to you from Macedonia, and then to have you send me on my way to Judea. Was I fickle when I intended to do this? Or do I make my plans in a worldly manner so that in the same breath I say both “Yes, yes” and “No, no”?

But as surely as God is faithful, our message to you is not “Yes” and “No.” For the Son of God, Jesus Christ, who was preached among you by us—by me and Silas and Timothy—was not “Yes” and “No,” but in Him it has always been “Yes.” For no matter how many promises God has made, they are “Yes” in Christ. And so through Him the “Amen” is spoken by us to the glory of God.  2 Corinthians 1:15-20

The world may flip flop in the way it handles its promises. Yes may actually be no. No may actually mean yes. Paul wanted to visit Corinth twice but he didn’t want this based on his own wishes. The only way he knew he could promise to come back to Corinth with complete certainty is if the Lord wanted him to. If it’s the Lord’s will, then His way will be done. He will make sure it happens.

If the Lord makes a promise, He never fails to keep it. His promises of salvation (and the scriptures assure us all other promises) are “Yes” in Christ Jesus. Those in Christ Jesus will be saved. The answer to the question, “Will I really gain eternal life?”, is always a resounding “Yes”! This is so much of a fact that the entire congregation of Christian believers in the world can say “Amen” together which simply means the entire Christian church can stand in agreement. And indeed, if the church has any chance of being united as the Lord expects, that unity needs to be simply through a shared belief and trust in Jesus Christ.

Need a sure “Yes” to the answer of whether you will live on forever when Jesus returns?

Place your hope and trust in Him as Savior and the answer to the question, “Am I saved?”, will be a resounding “Yes!” all because of Christ Jesus.

Amen.

In Christ,

Mark

PS: Feel free to leave a comment and please share this with anyone you feel might be blessed by it.
Send any prayer requests to Gods4all@aol.com

No comments: