Thursday, April 21, 2022

WHEN YOU WILL KNOW IT ALL

Can I pray for you in any way?

Send any prayer requests to Gods4all@aol.com

In Christ, Mark

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

** Follow The Christian Walk on Twitter @ThChristianWalk

** Like posts and send friend requests to the author of The Christian Walk, Mark Cummings on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/mark.cummings.733?ref=tn_tnmn

** Become a Follower of The Christian Walk at http://the-christian-walk.blogspot.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The scriptures. May God bless the reading of His holy word.

But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears.

When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

1 Corinthians 13:8b-12

This ends today’s reading from God's holy word. Thanks be to God.

I absolutely love teaching the Bible. It is a true passion of mine and I am never more in my element than when I am delivering lessons or just talking to people in general about the scriptures.

Throughout my nearly thirty years of teaching the scriptures, I have fielded more than my fair share of questions from both believers and non-believers. Most of the time I have a good answer, one I can support with the Word of God, but there are those times when I just have to say, “I don’t know”. For although we can learn so much over a lifetime when we dedicate ourselves to the Bible, we still will not know and understand everything. There won’t be answers to every question we have, at least in this worldly life. We will only know in part.

We experience this in life first-hand and it shouldn’t come as any surprise to us. For as we see within these final verses in 1 Corinthians 13, the Bible tells us that our knowledge will be incomplete. Look again at these words here:

But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears.

When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.  1 Corinthians 13:8b-12

In this life, we will only have partial knowledge and understanding. But when completeness comes, when Jesus returns and ushers all those who are in Him into eternity, out incompleteness will end. We will be made new and all our imperfections will be removed. They will disappear and our minds will be opened to all the current mysteries of our Lord as we know Him fully just as He knows us fully now.

This is just one more thing to look forward to, one more part of what will make glory so incredibly amazing. So the next time you find yourself frustrated because you maybe don’t gain an absolute understanding of God’s word, just remember that it is by design and won’t last forever. For when Jesus returns and draws us to Him, we will all know everything we need to know and all questions will be answered. He will make sure of it as He makes us new and welcomes us into our new dwelling place to live with Him forever.

Amen.

In Christ,

Mark

PS: Feel free to leave a comment and please share this with anyone you feel might be blessed by it.
Send any prayer requests to Gods4all@aol.com

No comments: