Thursday, September 24, 2015

ONE CRITICAL COMMAND



Can I pray for you in any way? Send any prayer requests to OurChristianWalk@aol.com.

In Christ, Mark
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
** Follow The Christian Walk on Twitter @ThChristianWalk
** Like posts and send friend requests to the author of The Christian Walk, Mark Cummings on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/mark.cummings.733?ref=tn_tnmn
** Become a Follower of The Christian Walk at http://the-christian-walk.blogspot.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The scriptures. May God bless the reading of His holy word.

“For when I brought your ancestors out of Egypt and spoke to them, I did not just give them commands about burnt offerings and sacrifices, but I gave them this command: ‘Obey Me, and I will be your God and you will be My people. Walk in obedience to all I command you, that it may go well with you.’”

Jeremiah 7:22-23

This ends today’s reading from God's holy word. Thanks be to God.

What if there was only one command from God that would hold the key to righteous living and avoidance of sin, even though we are all sinners.

Wouldn’t you be interested in that command?

We all should be because there should be no greater focus for believers after securing salvation through Jesus than living in a way that keeps one completely in God’s favor.

Well, it just so happens that in today’s two scripture verses from Jeremiah, Chapter 7, we find God giving us the one critical command we need to write on our hearts and make it our focus in ever day He blessed us with. Here’s the command:

“Obey Me, and I will be your God and you will be My people. Walk in obedience to all I command you, that it may go well with you.”

That it. Short and sweet. Easy to understand.

Obey God. That’s the two key words here and when we do that then we will walk in obedience to everything else He commands us to do.

It starts with surrendering our will for His, completely complying with all He calls us to do without compromise. That’s what He expected of the Old Testament Israelites and that’s what He still expects of us today.

Note where God even throws in the payoff for being fully obedient to everything He commands, not that He has to because we really need not expect anything in return. He is the Master and Author of our lives. We don’t dictate to Him but He dictates to us. That’s just the way it should be.

But God, as He so often does, provides us with rich blessings when we are true to Him. Note that when we are faithful to Him, then He is faithful to us. He relishes the opportunity to be our God and is proud to call us His people. And if that weren’t enough already, He also assures us that deference to His wishes and submission to His will and way results in things going well for us in life. God blesses those who remain trustworthy and conform to all He expects and demands.

“Obey Me and walk in obedience to all I command.”

God said it and we simply must abide by His one critical command without fault.

There are no other acceptable options.e He

Amen.

In Christ,

Mark

PS: Please share this with anyone you feel might be blessed by it.

Send any prayer requests to OurChristianWalk@aol.com

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I relate to Paul when he talks about hating the things he does. I think todays message should be VERY DEAR to our hearts. My conscience bothers me daily. Why are we all sinners? Of course the reason is God loves us so much the he sent Jesus, so that we may have life and have an abundance of it. I can't wait for the day we are made perfect. I fail daily ( not on purpose!) the Holy Spirit convicts me that there is always more for me to do. Each and every day.
Thank you for showing us and leading us daily with the inspiration of the word.
God Bless You Brother Mark!

Mark said...

Thanks Robin. It's a privilege and blessing to share the word of God and the Spirit of God with the people of God each and every day. He gets all the honor, glory, and praise because He uses me as a vessel to share His wisdom and direction with others. For that, I am eternally humbled and grateful. In Christ, Mark