Sunday, February 3, 2013

BLESSINGS TO MY READERS

Can I pray for you in any way? Send any prayer requests to ourchristianwalk@aol.com

In Christ, Mark

The scriptures. May God bless the reading of His holy word.

The Lord remembers us and will bless us: He will bless His people Israel, He will bless the house of Aaron, He will bless those who fear the Lord — small and great alike.

May the Lord cause you to flourish, both you and your children. May you be blessed by the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.

Psalm 115:12-15

This ends this reading from God's holy word. Thanks be to God.

AUTHOR’S NOTE: Today marks a milestone. It is my 1,000th post. It’s been a journey to this point and I look forward to sharing the next 1,000 messages with you, God willing. May this post be a blessing to you as you have been a blessing to me.

The middle of the 115th Psalm contains some wonderful words for us to consider today, words that seem completely appropriate as I celebrate the opportunity to write my 1,000 blog today. Surely God has richly blessed me since I started this Christian walk through the Bible back on July 29th, 2007.

Reflecting on our blessings from God should be something we do regularly. The saying I like most on this subject states:

“Count your blessings and when you get finished, start counting them again.”

Truly, we should always remember just how the Lord has done for us and for those we know.

The psalmist surely didn’t lose sight of things. Look at his words from our scripture passage:

The Lord remembers us and will bless us: He will bless His people Israel, He will bless the house of Aaron, He will bless those who fear the Lord — small and great alike.

May the Lord cause you to flourish, both you and your children. May you be blessed by the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.

When we see just how much we’ve been blessed, we should always see that as a sign that the Lord does remember us. He isn’t just some Lord who rules from a distance in the heavens and has no desire to stoop to our level. No, our God communes with us. He lives and abides with us, providing for our needs in His perfect time because He perfectly knows what our needs our and how to handle them. We should rejoice and be glad that our Creator God loves and cares for us so intimately, like a parent loves and cares for their child.

Yes, God has blessed me so richly. He blessed me with a fantastic father and mother to raise me. He blessed me with three wonderful sisters and a brother to share life with. He blessed me with a loving Christian wife and two beautiful daughters who call me Dad. I have been blessed with a wonderful, long career of military service which allowed me to retire last year and then he blessed me with a great job post-Navy where I still get to help Sailors and their families. He blessed me with a magnificent church home and family at Bayside Baptist where we love one another while seeking to grow and trust in Christ Jesus. And he blessed me with many gifts to use to His glory, like singing and teaching and preaching and, of course, writing.

It’s through this last gift that I have had the opportunity to reach out to literally thousands upon thousands of people over the last six years. The Lord gives me the words to write and I do so in obedience. In turn, others have been richly blessed but I want you to know that you have blessed me as well and for that I am grateful.

So as I celebrate the moment today only to start again on my next 1,000 blogs tomorrow, I have a wish for all of you, my readers. It comes from the end of this passage today.

First, I pray that the Lord causes you to flourish, both you and your children. May He rain down His most abundant gifts upon you and yours.

This leads to my second wish – that you would be blessed by the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth – now and forever.

God bless all of you and again, thanks for being faithful readers and blessing providers. 

Amen. 

In Christ,

Mark

PS: Please share this with anyone you feel might be blessed by it.

Send any prayer requests to ourchristianwalk@aol.com

No comments: