Thursday, July 17, 2014

SIMPLY BLESSED



Can I pray for you in any way? Send any prayer requests to OurChristianWalk@aol.com.

In Christ, Mark
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
** Follow The Christian Walk on Twitter @ThChristianWalk
** Like posts and send friend requests to the author of The Christian Walk, Mark Cummings on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/mark.cummings.733?ref=tn_tnmn
** Become a Follower of The Christian Walk at http://the-christian-walk.blogspot.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The scriptures. May God bless the reading of His holy word.

Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you, who walk in the light of your presence, Lord.

Psalm 89:15

This ends this reading from God's holy word. Thanks be to God.

1,500.

Today marks the 1,500th time the Lord has used me to write a devotion under The Christian Walk ministry, the 1,500th time I have had the privilege to be an instrument of His will and a mouthpiece through which He has spoken.

With this, He continues to be the object as He always has, the One who deserves any and all glory and honor. If anyone has been blessed by one of these devotions, then all praise is to be lifted up to the Lord who is worthy of all our praise, the Lord who richly gifts us with so many things.

So what’s in it for me? What do I gain from doing this day in and day out?

I am simply blessed.

Indeed, it’s such a joy to be used by the Lord to do this. He could have used anyone to write all these devotions as we walk through the Bible daily but He chose me. He placed the gift of writing and discernment within me and then called me to use those gifts for His purposes. It’s an amazing partnership and one that has reminded me of these words from the 89th Psalm:

Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you, who walk in the light of your presence, Lord. V 15

These words come to life every day as I get to acclaim and proclaim the Lord through the messages He provides. As we commune daily, I travel in the light of His presence as His Spirit illuminates His holy word and brings it to light to inspire, encourage, instruct, and convict. The journey began in 2 Peter back in 2007 and it has taken us through the remainder of the New Testament and into the Old from Genesis to our current book, Ecclesiastes. I so look forward to the way ahead as we continue the Christian walk to where I started and come full circle through the scriptures.

Thanks for being a part of the journey and I pray that you, like I, are simply blessed by what the Lord is saying for He is speaking loudly through His word, ultimately leading us to His Son, Jesus, and the gifts of redemption, justification, and salvation.

Amen

NOTE: In the near future, you will begin seeing additional posts with daily inspirations from the word of the Lord as I launch The Christian Walk Facebook page. Later this summer, I will also launch a website for The Christian Walk ministry. You’ll be able to check it out at TheChristianWalk.org. Be blessed!

In Christ,

Mark

PS: Please share this with anyone you feel might be blessed by it.

Send any prayer requests to OurChristianWalk@aol.com

No comments: