Sunday, April 20, 2008

OUR HEAVENLY FATHER...GUARDIAN AND PARENT

Can I pray for you in any way? Send any prayer requests to faithhopegodlove@aol.com In Christ, Mark

Since I finished the Book of Leviticus yesterday, it seemed like a good time to share with you a message the Lord imparted on my heart last week while I was in worship at my home church, Bayside Baptist Church in Virginia Beach (and I hope you might visit us in worship if you’re ever in the neighborhood).

I was sitting in the pew holding my precious little grandson of less than a month, Maddox, during the pastor’s sermon. He was asleep and laying there in my arms so peacefully…his face almost angelic. This was a markedly different Maddox from the one my daughter would tell me about. The Maddox who when awake yearned to be cared for nearly non-stop. The Maddox who seemed to never stop eating. The Maddox who cried out loudly and consistently if he didn’t get what he needed.

Indeed, many things were rushing into my mind as I sat there, listened to the sermon which discussed the wonder of our salvation and looked into the sleeping face of my grandson.
I began to think of how absolutely helpless babies are when they are so young. They can’t do anything for themselves and are totally dependent on the care of another. Little Maddox left alone anywhere would not survive long if he had no one to care for him. He would cry only to have no one to come and comfort him. He would hunger only to have no one to feed him. He would lie completely vulnerable only to have no one to protect him. Truly, his very survival and existence relied on the care of his parent.

As the pastor continued to talk about salvation and the sad truth that there are many in this world who are lost and hopeless because they don’t know or accept Jesus, I couldn’t help but see a parallel to baby Maddox and his vulnerability.

For those who have no relationship with Jesus have no relationship with the Father for Jesus Himself said that no one comes to the Father except by Him. And with no relationship with the Father, a person is helpless and hopeless. Without the Father’s care, they stand vulnerable with little chance against the attacks of Satan. They cry out in their lives for help and guidance only to find no real help or guidance because they don’t have a relationship with the only true Parent that can help them and guide them. They find themselves hungering for wisdom and understanding only to slowly starve without the Daily Bread that comes from the Word of God, their Father. And through all this, they fail to see that their survival and existence relies totally on the care of their Heavenly Father.

Friends, we need to never tire in seeking out the lost and helping guide them to spiritual survival and revival. Just as we would never walk past an innocent baby who might be lying unattended, so too should we never just walk by someone who doesn’t have a relationship with the Lord. My prayer is that this week and beyond, we approach our evangelistic efforts with a different sense of urgency, understanding fully what’s at stake. For it truly is a matter of life or death…survival or demise.

In Christ,

Mark

PS: Please share this with anyone you feel might be blessed by it.

http://www.faithhopeandlove.info/

Send any prayer requests to faithhopegodlove@aol.com

No comments: